Sunday, June 2, 2013

Biyaheng Bonifacio - Biyaheng Bayani ng Bayan





I got to know of this program by the National Historical Commission of the Philippines through my friend - Gerbs De Castro, an avid weekend traveller cum tourguide.  Cheers to you Gerbs!  :)

The program aims to promote the 150th birth anniversary of Andres Bonifacio, a Philippine revolutionary Hero.  Interested parties are encouraged to visit several sites in Metro  Manila and Cavite that are related to Bonifacio and his revolutionary society - the Katipuan.  More details about the program can be found from this link.

On a personal note,  I'm looking forward to finish this tour before July with my wife and another friend.  It would be interesting to see the different historical places where Bonifacio and his trusted aides once met.  I have been an avid reader of Philippine history for more than a decade now and it would be great to personally see places that have shaped my country's history.


No comments:

Post a Comment